Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple BSOD's

• Please log in to reply

Sheperd

Sheperd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yeah, my CPU runs rather hot. I am playing Battlefield 3 however. But! It's idle temp is pretty warm too. like 40-50 I think.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Warfighter that has been running for 4 days solid on my system right now. :whistling:
Did you check that cpu fan and any secondary case cooling fans for dirt? Also check the heatsink on the cpu for dust stuck in the fins.

Sheperd

Sheperd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I think I MAY have fixed it. I updated my chipset drivers, and flashed my bios, and it hasn't bluescreened in a about 2 or 3 days. So let's hope it stays that way.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would say it was more the chipset drivers then anything. Can you post the link to where you got it and maybe I can find out what the update actually fixt that may have been the issue. :thumbsup:

Sheperd

Sheperd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
http://www.asus.com/...BERTOOTH_990FX/

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah I'm betting it was the chipset because it is from January this year. The bios is over a year ago. Did you update both and then try it or just one and tested?

Sheperd

Sheperd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Updated both at the same time, because my current chipset was really old, and my bios verison was 0804, and updated to 1314 or something like that. I hadn't updated either of those since I bought the computer a year and a half ago.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then it could be the combination that did the trick. Either way I am glad to hear you have had no problems since doing the updates. :thumbsup:
It has been 5 days since you last posted and if you have had no problems in those 5 days I would venture to say it seems to be resolved. ;)