Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not a valid windows image

• Please log in to reply

OilPainter

OilPainter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm getting messages about files like psapi.dll and cryptnet.dll not being a valid windows image.
My laptop shuts off at random times. The CD rom drive is listed, but cannot read files.
The OTL log file is below. Do I have an infection? This only happened after the computer store replaced the fan. I could bring it back to them, but their "techs" are incompentent high school kids and they charge money every time.
Next steps?

(OTL Log file attached)

Edited by OilPainter, 14 August 2012 - 07:32 AM.

Advertisements

OilPainter

OilPainter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'd like to add some information. I cannot delete a single file. I get the message "Insufficient system resources".
Also, I cannot load Task Manager.: "The application failed to initialize properly"

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

Sorry that you have waited for a reply.

Occasionally, one post is overlooked, simply because of the many many posts on the site.

"Insufficient system resources".

it tends to suggest that a ram stick is not inserted properly

However, even having read your opinion of the Techs, who replaced the fan, there is only really one proper course of action and that is to take it back, telling them that this has ONLY occurred since they replaced the fan. This of course was best done within a very short while of you taking it back home and disovering the fault