Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop crash with bootable CD

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just need to know are you going to start a malware topic now or do you want the next two drivers to download. This can't go both ways at the same time.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes the correct place is there and once you have created your malware topic then just pm him with the link to your topic.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Ok, to start a malware topic now.

I will inform him about this large thread here. Thanks rshaffer :thumbsup:

I will come back again once we're checked for malware.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK he is aware of this topic but it will be helpful just to add the link in case he might have any questions for me. :thumbsup:

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Just done :thumbsup:

OK he is aware of this topic but it will be helpful just to add the link in case he might have any questions for me. :thumbsup:

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Rshaffer, the updated graphic driver from yesterday, is unfortunately causing during more time than before, the black screen when switching accounts or closing the account.

I checked it on yesterday, my graphic driver was updated. When you're talking about video driver, are you talking about graphic driver ?

Yes and if this is right one then no your driver was not up to date if it found that this was a newer driver. That being said it still did not resolve the issue.

Again I suggest you go through the malware forum and let them check your system completely.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can always rollback the driver to the previous one through Device Manager. Right click on the video driver and then click on rollback.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yes, I know that. It was just to inform you about the new update graphic driver ;)

You can always rollback the driver to the previous one through Device Manager. Right click on the video driver and then click on rollback.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi rshaffer,

I will buy 2 extra memory sticks of 1 Gb to fix this issue, according to RKinner.

About Driver Max, what about unsigned drivers ? Did you trust them ? I can trust all those which are digitally signed.

Also, I have another question about cleaning fans. As you know, I didn't find the way to take out the main plastic.

Do you think that cleaning fans with a compressed canned air through the plastic grid will be do the job or not ?

My link

Edited by ramaflore, 31 August 2012 - 12:00 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Check the list when you click on a driver. Sometimes the first one is unsigned but there may be another in the list.
You can use compressed air but it is never a good ideal to let the fan spin freely if blowing on it as it could damage the bearings.

Advertisements

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
About compressed air, I'm not sure I've understood. Using compressed air on the fan with the laptop OFF, could also damage the bearings ?

what the 'density' and ECC features on the memory stick ?

Check the list when you click on a driver. Sometimes the first one is unsigned but there may be another in the list.
You can use compressed air but it is never a good ideal to let the fan spin freely if blowing on it as it could damage the bearings.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
It is the extremely high speed at which the air spins the fan.
Simply hold the fan, with something to stop it turning.

• When cleaning fans, especially the smaller fans within a portable computer or laptop it's suggested that you either hold the fan or place something in-between the fan blades to prevent it from spinning. Spraying compressed air into a fan or cleaning a fan with a vacuum may cause damage or back voltage to be generated.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
thanks Macboatmaster, I will take on account.

At this moment, my laptop make some noises these last two days. Treble sounds from fans and a continous 'bass' sound, the latest makes me headache. I dont know what's going on.

Edited by ramaflore, 01 September 2012 - 12:15 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Bass sound I am not sure about that. Is it coming from the speakers or does it sound more like coming from the inside. If the latter it may be the fan making the noise.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
The sound is coming from the bottom of the screen part, just behind 'Fujitsu Computers Siemens'(bottom plastic recovering screen)written in the middle.

Bass sound I am not sure about that. Is it coming from the speakers or does it sound more like coming from the inside. If the latter it may be the fan making the noise.