Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop crash with bootable CD

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you can get me a picture of it I can verify one way or another. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
It sounds bizarre, but I copied the Vista Installation DVD from a friend. It worked for Upgrading Vista and now, when entering the DVD in the CD/DVD drive, it recognize as empty DVD rom. :confused:

Imgburn stated that "DVD is not empty" and for Vista, this DVD is empty. Moreover, I upgraded Vista last week or 2 weeks ago.

Edited by ramaflore, 19 August 2012 - 05:56 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so it is not a genuine Vista installation but a copy made from one?

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yes, probably. So that, it's normal that the DVD doesn't work anymore ? It only worked the first time.

I checked each memory stick 28 passes and 9 passes with Memtest86+ , it passed with no errors. ;)

Edited by ramaflore, 20 August 2012 - 04:26 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You could simply borrow a Original Installation disk as long it is the same as what you have installed. It also should match the sticker on your system so if the rg key is needed you legally own that.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Ok, for now, we can skip parallel installation as I don't have the original DVD.

My Ram Memory is OK. How can I fix this damned Black screen ? I don't have a GPU processor on my motherboard.

What could it be ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I don't have a GPU processor on my motherboard.

Then you have a add on card for your video correct?
I am going to ask for another tech to take a look at this bcause IMHO a repair or Parallel is the only way to really do this but since you don't have the right disk both are impossible to do.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
No, I don't add a new card, I have the original one.

I told that because I ran HWinfo and it didn't detect a GPU. I was wondering if on my laptop I had or not a GPU, but this can confirm that I only have a CPU and not a GPU.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Laptops have built on GPU. Without it you would have no video.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yes, but I hear that CPU can manage Graphics on laptops, CPU acts as the GPU.

Even on old laptops like Amilo Pro V3505 ?

http://slickdeals.ne...-the-CPU-for-me

Laptops have built on GPU. Without it you would have no video.

Edited by ramaflore, 20 August 2012 - 07:51 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is what is being suggested.

Download and Save the free Avast!
http://www.avast.com...ivirus-download
Right click and Run As Administrator to install it.

Once you have it installed and it has updated:

Click on the Avast ball. Then click on Scan Computer, then on
Boot-Time Scan then on Settings. Change the Ask at the bottom to Move to Chest. OK then Schedule Now. Reboot and let it run a scan. It may take hours.
Once it finishes it should load windows. Click on the Avast ball and then on Scan Logs, select the Boot-time scan report then View Results. How many did it find?
Look in C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\report\aswboot.txt for a text version of the report which you can copy and paste into a reply.

IF Avast won't run or it finds something it can't handle then gp to the malware forum so we can run OTL on it and maybe see what is going on. Put "For RKinner" in the subject so he will get it.

Below I am posting the exact instructions for the malware forum but just make sure you put the title as what is suggested so Rkinner can help you.

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Sorry to tell you that I don't have any virus.

See my post on bleeping forum. Also, I run others personal tools to check if I was infected. I remind you that this was my first reflect, check if anything on my HD was infected.

My link

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Even on that topic you mention a over heating issue.
At this point I think it is better to have you take it to a shop and have them physically open the system and inspect all aspects of the internal hardware. Being a online forum it is impossible for me to do that.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yes, I said over-heating (IMO)because you told me the following at that momentMy link but this is not more actually as you checked on my last HM Pro screenshots, you said all is OK.

My link

I need to solve these black screen issue, you told to your tec. Do you have news ?

Edited by ramaflore, 20 August 2012 - 10:16 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Exactly we have checked everything hardware wise and it all checks out.
I suggested having the system checked again for infection but it has been cleared by another site as being healthy.
Diagnostics ran on everything and shown to be good.
I have suggested the OS as being the issue and steps that can be done to try and resolve it.
Short of a full format and reinstallation a repair or parallel installation is the next best option.