Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop crash with bootable CD

• Please log in to reply

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
AIO Vista DVD is the iso file copied from my friend.
The only one from the manufacturer is the Recovery DVD as I told you before. ;)

If a repair installation is equal to a Upgrade installation, I already did it, one week ago and it doesn't fix anything.

AIO Vista DVD is the manufacturers disk you got with the system?
it may have several versions you can install because it was included with different model systems so they just made it that no matter what system you have the disk would work on it.. The drivers yes that may be a issue.

Edited by ramaflore, 20 August 2012 - 12:19 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

AIO Vista DVD is the iso file copied from my friend.
The only one from the manufacturer is the Recovery DVD as I told you before

Ok this one is useless for you and should not be used.

If a repair installation is equal to a Upgrade installation, I already did it, one week ago and it doesn't fix anything.

This you are correct with so that will not help at all. This leaves simply a parallel installation or a total format and fresh install.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I can considerate that if I encounter the black screen even after installing the Recovery DVD either because this one is corrupt or because the fan issue I got at that moment, don't you think so ?

Edited by ramaflore, 20 August 2012 - 12:39 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The thing that bothers me is the length of time this has been going on.

On the other hand, I have a KSOD issue from one year or more that it could be linked to the firs issue

For more then a year and I wonder if the outlet issue is to blame for all this. It could have damaged the system in a way I can't see using the tools at my disposal. How long was the outlet sparking going on and was it happening before this all started with the system?

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
For three years, sure. I think this happening before this all started

Edited by ramaflore, 20 August 2012 - 01:32 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The outlet has been sparking for 3 years?
Yeah it is very possible that could have caused damage to the motherboard itself in the laptop with the shorting of the outlet.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I do not know if this is any help.

When I plugged into the socket wall, I have little sparks in the inside of the socket. It occurs from time to time.

and

The outlet has been sparking for 3 years?

This apparent defect and possibly extremely dangerous situation was first mentioned in post 8.
It seems to me, as we are now on post 126, and many posts ago, in fact shortly after post 8 you were going to contact the manger of the apartment block and inform him of the apparent defect in the electrical circuit. AND unless I have missed it I see no report of this being done and the result

Of course the defect may be in your laptop power lead that you are connecting to the power supply, or in the surge protector.

Either way, where ever the defect is, in my opinion until you have had the mains electrical supply checked, and declared in order, you cannot make any meaningful progress.

Indeed as my good colleague rshaffer61 has said, also many posts ago

EVEN if the electrical supply to your apartment is declared OK, the testing of the power lead and power supply for the computer is not something that can be really be done in an online situation.

YOU should I think be aware that your mains electrical supply can kill and I find it amazing that

For three years, sure. I think this happening before this all started

you can continue with a mains electrical supply socket apparently sparking.

I hope you do not find the post insulting, I can assure you that it is meant to highlight to you the extreme importance of ensuring your personal safety and indeed if it a multi- occupancy apartment block, the safety of all other occupants.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
No problem Macboatmaster.

I have no news from the owner of the apartment. I will recontact again once more.

Of course, this is obvious that without any electrical stable system, we can't go forward.

Anyway, we are supposed that the culprit will be the electrical supply, but we don't know if it's the main responsible of my black screen as I need firstly, to be sure that the electrical circuit of my apartment need to be fixed by a professional.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If those outlets have been sparking all this time and your system was working before and now it doesn't. I am willing to be something in that laptop has taken a hit.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I've had 5 other tech staff members along with malware techs look at everything and the consensus is the motherboard is probably the culprit. At this point I again suggest you take it to a shop and have them open up the laptop, do a visual inspections of the capacitors along with the chipsets to see if something is bulging or leaking. Only they can tell you at that point if the motherboard has had a serious shock or short done to it.

Advertisements

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Anyway, big big thanks for your time and you help ! ;)

I really appreciate it ! :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It's not that I don't want to help you but that it is to a point where the only way to be sure is a actual visual inspection of the internal part of the laptop which means it has to be taken completely apart to see the parts I mentioned. Those parts are still hidden in the pics you posted earlier.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I read a lot of KSODs problems on the net, it appears that is not related to hardware trouble, but instead due to for most of case the Windows Update. Anyway, I need of course to check the electrical circuit and change my outlet.

Edited by ramaflore, 22 August 2012 - 04:48 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can go in and uninstall updates but honestly you are talking about going back over a year and uninstalling everything according to how long you said this has been going on. Now that is going to be really tough considering Windows is going to want to redownload and update everything you just uninstalled.
I'm just wondering why you are resisting the fact that the sparking may have damaged your motherboard and it may just coincide with a update. :confused:

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
"I'm just wondering why you are resisting the fact that the sparking may have damaged your motherboard and it may just coincide with a update."

Because if it was the sparking I should have black screen randomly and this is not the case. I only have under the certain circonstance, every time and every day. Also, because I have the feeling that it's something else, I don't know exactely what it could be.

"Update", because others people who had this damned experience shared on the net. They are a lot of people and they aren't talking about hardware troubles but graphics drivers, Windows Update, Events Logs file, ... I don't say that the sparking couldn't damage my motherboard, but I tought that in my case, is something else.

Anyway, the owner of the apartment will come next here to fix the wall outlets here. ;) That's a good news !

Edited by ramaflore, 22 August 2012 - 10:20 AM.