Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP with error code 0x800700AA Won't back up

• Please log in to reply

stevenits1

stevenits1

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hello I'm try to fix my sisters HP laptop, I do not know the model # but it has Windows Vista as the opp system. I discovered it when I tried to make a back up disk for her because her pc was acting funny, every time you start it up you ara asked if you want to start windos in safe mode, safe mode with network ability or normal; so I would start it in normal and try to make a back up, it would do all of the steps untill it got to the end and then it would say back up failed and display that code and it would also say please restart but when it was restarted the same problems would occure.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Are you trying to create an image backup using the built in Backup & Restore of Vista? If so, download and install Macrium Reflect Free and use it to create an image backup.

stevenits1

stevenits1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
thank you I will try that program! But what about that code what is it telling me, what is actually wrong with the laptop?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

discovered it when I tried to make a back up disk for her because her pc was acting funny

Which disc are you using.

Also when a computer boots and displays the options to boot safe mode, safe mode with networking, or normal mode, it usually displays a message, as well, informing you that a problem has been detected and windows could not load it then continues to say - do you wish to etc.

Is this the case with your sisters computer

If so we need to know exactly what the message is.

Additionally you say

Hello I'm try to fix my sisters HP laptop, I do not know the model # but it has Windows Vista as the opp system

I do not know the model
It will be on the base of the laptop and please post back with the full model details and any service tag or id number.

Also include please which Vista - ie Home Basic etc
that will also be on a label on the base of the laptop

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
stevenits1

Please update your topic when you get chance.
Could you kindly indicate the current position as to whether or not the problem is solved

stevenits1

stevenits1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I'm sorry I switched focus with out telling you, I don't have access to the laptop in question but in the next couple of days I will and at that point I will do what we said to do.