Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking pc's of various windows

• Please log in to reply

emaan9301

emaan9301

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hello, I have 4 pc's, 2 desktop win xp, 1 laptop win 7 and 1 laptop win 8. I had a network link between the desktops and suddenly it's gone. I haven't tried until now to network the laptops in but needed the printer 2 days ago and never could get it to show on either laptop as they can not see the desktops. They do connect to the internet via wireless router (belkin) as well as see each other, but i'm unable to print since they do not see the desktops. The win 7 is for my work (just bought it 1 week ago) and I really need to have the printer working with it even if I can't get it working with the win 8.

Here is what I have equipment wise, cable router, vonage router, belkin wireless router, hp laserjet printer, 2 dell desk tops running windows xp, 1 compaq presario cq60 running windows 8 and 1 compaq presario cq57 running windows 7.

The routers are connected as cable/vonage/belkin then Ethernet to both desktops with the printer hooked up to one desktop (win xp pro, sp 3), both laptops connect wireless to internet.

I did install the printer on the win 7 laptop so that I could print out what I needed, but it doesn't show up unless I actually plug it in via usb, sort of defeats the purpose of having a laptop, lol.

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's to tell me that it will never work, lol.

I will be offline for the rest of today until late tonight so if anything else is needed please bear with me until I can get back online.

Thanks so much,
Jennifer

Advertisements