Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor problem gnr ts902

• Please log in to reply

taxigeorge

taxigeorge

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello
My monitor will not display following a reboot after running system mechanic.computer off light ia amber but with comp on green light only flashes. have tried holding both arrows for 1 minute but no difference. monitor will not display menu so I am stuck

Woukld welcome any help
George

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: taxigeorge

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Have you tried booting into safe mode to see if it is possibly a video driver issue
If safe mode will not work it could be a problem with your computers graphics card or integrated video chip, whichever you are presently using, have you checked the video cable for signs of damage including the pins in the end connections, is the cable secure (finger tighten only).

Once we have your computer details we can look at things for you to check..

My monitor will not display following a reboot after running system mechanic

These type of programs can render a computer useless by damaging the registry and so should be avoided, some further information http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

taxigeorge

taxigeorge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello & thanks for your response.
Computer is custom pack by my now departed It friend. (Sorry)

Have now connected old used monitor which is working fine, no problems with monitor boot up plug & play perfect

Should I now try system restore and try with original monitor ?

Regards
GEORGE

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi George

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

It would now appear to be the GNR monitor that has the problem, what I suggest you do before trying the previous monitor again is make sure that all your software (including drivers) is/are up to date, Windows http://www.microsoft...ad/default.aspx and for your Drivers http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/
You are allowed to download two drivers a day for free from DriverMax, please ignore any other product or service at the link and be sure to uncheck the "install AVG toolbar" box.

Let us know how this goes.