Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My laptop doesn't recognize my charger

• Please log in to reply

oldmanriver

oldmanriver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Whenever I plug in my charger into my laptop a notice pops up that says "The AC adapter cannot be determined. Your system will operate slower and your battery will not charge. Please plug in a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher for best system operation". If I twist or fidget with the part that actual goes into my laptop it will sometimes recognize my charger but only sometimes that is happening less and less often. My laptop is now at 0% power but if I plug in my charger I can still run my laptop it just doesn't charge. I have tried multiple chargers( All 65W), and I get the same problem. Could it just be a problem with charger outlet or my battery?

Edited by oldmanriver, 23 August 2012 - 06:35 PM.

Advertisements

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I ran into this same issue with a Dell laptop and the power cord had to be replaced. The more you do that twist or fidget with it while it is connect, you could damage the plug/port for charging. They are kind of fragile things, so I'd be careful about doing that. I'd try replacing the power cord and see what you get.