Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email accounts

• Please log in to reply

reggie32

reggie32

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there all.. I need help. I need to find out what email accounts have ever been set up on a laptop. For example Hotmail, gmail, facebook. Is there such a way of finding this information. I stumbled across a list before which contained the email addresses but I just cannot remember how I accessed this. Would appreciate any advice.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hotmail, Gmail, Facebook, etc are all setup on the servers belonging to those vendors. There is no way I know of to tell which ones have been setup as the data does not reside on the computer.

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I need to find out what email accounts have ever been set up on a laptop.

Are you talking about the profiles configured in Outlook?
If yes then check this page scroll down and follow the steps in Configure Outlook to prompt you for a specific profile when the program starts. See if that helps.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Not to mention there are other programs that you can configure email accounts (i.e. including but not limited to Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, and my all-time unfavourite, Incredimail)