Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

32-bit version cannot be installed in an EFI-based computer.

• Please log in to reply

zhafy

zhafy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
As the title says,i have this problem when i was trying to run the 32-bit windows 7 setup.The message shown when i tried to install is like what the title says.And i even tried to install it by changing the boot order in my..its not BIOS right?Googled it,something called UIFE?.Soo..after got into the setup after changing the order,i clicked on the empty partition i am trying to install into.I got something like,cannot install OS since ita a GPT partition.Can anyone help me?My lappy is the ASUS N56VZ comes with windows 7 home premium.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi zhafy ... :wave: ..:welcome:

go here to the guide for Installing Windows to an EFI-Based Computer

zhafy

zhafy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi zhafy ... :wave: ..:welcome:

go here to the guide for Installing Windows to an EFI-Based Computer

Hello moderator!!^^ Hmm...i did find this article by googling it.But can you explain it a simpler terms?Ahhhha!I am kind of new this EFI thing.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you click on the blue here in my post where it says go here...it will take you to a step by step guide

zhafy

zhafy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

if you click on the blue here in my post where it says go here...it will take you to a step by step guide

I know.But the explanation seems to be complicated for me=( or can you tell me another alternative.I heard i have to delete and format all partitions and left with nothing except that one big empty partition where then i can install everything.Please clarify and add extra info abiut this.Thank you^^

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

.But the explanation seems to be complicated for me

get a friend to help...
or you can do a full format on the hard drive...the easiest way is to connect the drive to a different computer then use disk management to format the drive to NTFS
that will get rid of a special partition in the partition table called "EFI SYSTEM PARTITION" in which files required to be launched by the firmware is stored.