Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen/Shut Down

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Don't see any attachment

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
We are going to go out on the boat for a few hours so will be away from the PC.

mwright1000

mwright1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Everything OK? I hope you haven't been on the boat this long. Also I hope you made it back from the boat ride. Just let me know you are OK. Not worried about my laptop, I,m sure you are busy and that's fine. Just want to make sure all is good. Thanks

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
I thought I was waiting for some attachment. When you ran Process Explorer you did not sort things with the high CPU users at the top. Makes it hard to read. It appears that IE is using too much CPU. Can you download Firefox and install it and try the same thing?

http://www.mozilla.o...fox/fx/#desktop

Also there is usually an option to run IE without add-ons if you go right click on it. You might try that.