Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes access privileges

• Please log in to reply

dakk

dakk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Lately while using itunes i have been getting a message that says "The itunes library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation."
I've tried a few things like changing itunes files from read-only and making sure all my itunes files have me as the owner and me in full control of the file.
I am now out of ideas, any thoughts?

Advertisements

aido

aido

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hello,

Far days ago but it is your first install of ITunes, have you made any changes in your Security or installed applications like Cleaner?
For first help please start ITunes with Admin-Rights.

Right-Click on the ITunes Icon in the Programs Folder and Start the Application as Administrator.

Hope this helps,

regards,
aido

stanling

stanling

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Bit complicated. shut down itunes. go to iTunes folder. move the files beginning with iTunes and ending with .xml, .itl, .itdb to another folder [this is to be on the safe side]. You may see a tempxxx.tmp file [assuming your PCs settings allow you to see hidden files]. ignore for the time being. logout and login from windows. the tempxxx.tmp file should disappear. within the iTunes folder, go to Previous iTunes Libraries - copy the most recent iTunes Library yyyy-mm-dd.itl file into your iTunes folder. delete the date in the file name. start up itunes.

jjkatusa

jjkatusa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It worked for me thanks so much...appreciated!!