Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

intel cpu ucode error

• Please log in to reply

john10

john10

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi,i have just replaced the hard drive on motherboard asus p5b-mk/wifi-ap and loaded xp home,when i turn on the computer megatrends screen comes up and says intel cpu ucode error press f1.can any tell me why this is happening.i cant do anything after i hit fi.is it the cpu!!!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: john10

Have you installed the motherboards drivers onto the new HDD.

If you havn`t reinstalled the MBs drivers please do so and then let us know how that works.
If the above does not work you may need to download the latest BIOS for your MB, downloads for your MB http://uk.asus.com/M...iFiAP/#download also please confirm that this is your MB.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
john10

Please DO NOT post the same problem twice, you created this topic here, where my colleague phillpower2 is helping you and you ALSO created this topic on the same problem

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

where narenxp is helping you.

Do not worry about it now please but the reason we ask in How to Post

To help match your questions with the people best able to answer, the forums here are arranged into categories. Simply scroll down the page, and choose the category that best fits your inquiry. Please select only one category, and do not post your question more than once.

is to avoid what has occurred here. Two people helping on the same problem and as you will have seen, offering the same advice.

I have closed the topic where narenxp is helping.

Please continue on this one, where you are reading this.

Thank you

john10

john10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
motherboard correction.p5b-mx/wifi(sorry)your answer makes sence but i have to try and access a computer to get on the net to do this.thanks for your help.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Is this error following an install of XP on that computer - on that replacement hard drive OR is it the hard drive WITH XP installed, inserted in that computer

john10

john10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hard drive replaced then xp installed

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
OK will wait to hear from you when you have tried as suggested

john10

john10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks for every ones help on cpu problem,it was fixed by updating bios then drivers.i can now access the internet.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks for posting the result
Good luck with it.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Ditto :thumbsup: