Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

passwords dont work now

• Please log in to reply

Sheydon

Sheydon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an elderly friend that has a Lenovo IdeaCentre K300 computer. Her husband purchased
it just before he passed away and even tho he had the passwords written down in their safe,
we have tried to get online using them and nothing works. I know he never made a password
reset disk so how can I change the passwords for her. As I said she is elderly and on a very
low income and taking it to a shop and paying $100 just to walk in the place is not an option.
We did manage to get online once right after he passed away but then his passwords wouldnt
work on any of the websites. And when we wanted to change the passwords, we had to go to the
email to get the reset code, but we couldnt access the email cause the passwords didnt work.
Can you tell me if this is a problem that she might have caused or should we call her service
provider? Also, how do you change the administrator password without a password reset disk?
The Computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium. It is almost a year old. Should we return it
before the one year warranty runs out?

Advertisements