See if you can run any of these. If a step won't run then go on to the next step and post any logs you get.
( 511KB ) to your desktop.
Right click aswMBR.exe and Run as Administrator
uncheck trace disk IO calls
Click the "Scan" button to start scan (Accept the Avast Engine)
On completion of the scan if the Fix button is enabled (not the FixMBR button) press it and then run a new scan and click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
If the Fix button is not enabled then just click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
:!: It must be saved to your desktop, do not run it from your browser:!:
:!: Disable your Antivirus software when downloading or running Combofix. If it has Script Blocking features, please disable these as well. See: http://www.bleepingc...opic114351.html
Download and Save this file -- to your Desktop -- from either of these two sources:http://download.blee...Bs/ComboFix.exehttp://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
Rightclick on ComboFix and select Run As Administrator to start the program.
* :!: Important: Have no other programs running. Your Task Bar should be clear of any program entries including your Browser.
* A window may open with a series of Disclaimers. Accept the Disclaimers to start the fix.
A caution - Do not run Combofix more than once. Do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed, as this may cause the process to stall or your computer to lock. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Even when ComboFix appears to be doing nothing, look at your Drive light. If it is flashing, Combofix is still at work.
A file will be created at => C:\Combofix.txt. I'll need to see that in your reply.
Save it to your desktop then run it.
Double click on TDSSKiller.exe (Vista or Win 7 must right click and Run As Admin)
If TDSSKiller alerts you that the system needs to reboot, please consent.
Run TDSSKiller again but this time:
before you hit the Scan hit Change Parameters and check the two items under Additional Options. OK then Scan.
In this mode it is prone to false positives so do not change the SKIP option to DELETE unless it says TDSS.
When done, a log file should be created on your C:
drive named "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents in your next reply.
Download, Save and Run (win 7 or Vista => Right click and Run as Admin.) farbar service scanner
It will create a log (FSS.txt
) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
- Download RogueKiller and save it on your desktop.
- Quit all programs
- Start RogueKiller.exe.
- Wait until Prescan has finished ...
- Click on Scan
- Wait for the end of the scan.
- Send me the RKreport.txt located on your desktop.
:!: If you have a previous version of MalwareBytes', remove it via Add or Remove Programs and download a fresh copy. :!:http://www.malwareby...lwarebytes_free
SAVE Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
* The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
* Post that log back here.
Copy the text in the code box:
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)
Paste (Ctrl + v) the copied text in the box where it says Custom Scan/Fixes
Select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.
You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.
Right click on (My) Computer and select Manage (Continue) Then the Event Viewer. Next select Windows Logs. Right click on System and Clear Log, Clear. Repeat for Application.
Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. Then type (with an Enter after each line).
(This will check your critical system files. If it asks for a CD and you don't have one or it doesn't like your CD just tell it to SKIP.)
1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rossohttp://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:
1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.