Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Troubles

• Please log in to reply

Rampage

Rampage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer seems to have run into a problem, while playing games, installing, and just at the current moment, it seems to restart randomly, when I play games, it seems to happen mostly when the vehicle flips and I get out, pull the trigger, etc, when installing, it gets slow, then just freezes, and shuts off, when on desktop, and doing no big processes, its usually when I am in photoshop CS. Any ideas? thanks in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi Rampage. Welcome to Geeks to Go. Random restarts are usually caused by heat, memory, driver issues or the power supply. Check the cooling in your system first. Are all of the fans working? Are they clean? Computers do suck in some dust, expecially the cpu fan. If you need to clean them, use canned air. You can view the event viewer to see if it gives a clue as to what the cause of this is. Go to start, my computer, right click manage, event viewer. Look for events with a red x corresponding to the time of the crash. Right click, properties to view details. You can also send a message to M$ and view their knowledge base for information about possible cause and fix. This may give you a clue about what direction you need to take.

Memory test: http://www.memtest86.com/
:tazz: