Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail sending blank emails & spam to contacts

• Please log in to reply

JackSouthPaw

JackSouthPaw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

Hotmail recently started sending out blank emails to people on my address book. Then after a few of those it's started sending out links in the message body to obviously spam websites.

I tried changing my password but obviously thats not enough.

I only realised this from the postmaster "delivery status notification (failure)" messages.

I think i've got microsoft security essentials as my main protection thing, and I tend to use chrome as a browser although that stopped working so I used firefox and internet explorer. Now firefox doesnt work but chrome does. (Firefox just shows a page of random characters mostly on google.co.uk for some reason, whereas chrome used to just show the "aw snap" black page, works fine now) yeah so there's probably a lot wrong with my pc at the moment ha ha

I would really, really appreciate any help and advice.

Thank you!!!!

Jack

Advertisements