Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop causing weird LAN lag to all my PCs

• Please log in to reply

Jaximus

Jaximus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello
I have an average background with networking and tried to search online but I couldn't find a solution for this problem.

I have a WiFi in my home, when this laptop is under normal load, say like streaming a 360p youtube video, all the computers in my home will experience a huge lag and it becomes impossible to surf or do any internet activity (even the causing laptop itself will experience huge pings). The weird part is that the lag is at the LAN level, it is not related to my internet bandwidth. Because when I ping my local router (192.168.2.1) with other PCs during the lag period, I get 1000-4000 ms. However, it is usually 1 ms.

I tried doing a stress test on one of my normal laptops by downloading at maximum speed, the problem did not occur, there was no lag, all my PCs did not encounter that lag and I still get 1 ms when pinging the router. It is only this laptop that when it starts downloading, my network will be flooded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Here are some information about the laptop and router

System manufacturer: Lenovo
CPU: Intel Core i7-2620M 2.70 GHz, 2cores
RAM: 8 GB
network adapter: 1c1 11b/g/n Wireless LAN PCI express half Mini Card Adapter

Network Router: Belkin N1 ADSL modem | Model No. F5D8631-4

Router running WEP 128 bit security

Would gladly give any needed information

Advertisements

Jaximus

Jaximus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Another related problem with the laptop is that every time I log off then log in and try to reconnect to my network, It will not allow me, I will have to click on the windows diagnose problem and it will be fixed saying "Problem with wireless adapter or access point".

I don't think this is related to the major problem but what do I know :whistling: