Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer uninstalled cant reinstall, RPCserver unavailable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

full hard drive ??

full hard drive ??

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Here the problem two weeks I Norton anti-virus, a week later I printed something and now I can't. When I tried to print, it said no printer so I tried to reinstalled it. It then said error, RPC server is unavailable, print spooler server is not running.
What can I do to fix the problem?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi full hard drive ??

Sorry to hear that you are having printer issues.

Can you provide us with the following information please, the brand and model name or number of the printer and the OS you are using XP, Vista W7 etc, thank you.

full hard drive ??

full hard drive ??

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, my printer is a HP deckjet 5150 and have window xp

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thank you for the additional details :thumbsup:

Am I correct that the printer is wi-fi capable and if so was it previously set up to print by way of a wireless connection/network.

One suggestion that I would make is to again uninstall both the printer and all of the software associated with it, disconnect the USB cable and with the exception of the power cord any other cables that you may have attached, reinstall the software from the disk that was provided with the printer and only connect the printers USB cord to the computer when you receive an on screen message asking you to do so, finally check that the printer is selected as the default printer in Control Panel Printers and other hardware.

Let us know the outcome please

Duplicated topic closed to avoid confusion as the OP is receiving assistance @ http://www.geekstogo...inter-problems/

Edited by phillpower2, 06 September 2012 - 04:17 PM.
Advising of duplicated topic