Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

way to get a date from firefox history?

• Please log in to reply

SallyMae

SallyMae

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I recently did a search in my firefox history. The site I was looking for came up but I got curious about what day I had been to the site. I didn't see anything to indicate this in the listing. Is there any way in firefox history, (and just out of curiousity firefox booksmarks, too), to get a date on each item listed?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
See if anything here helps you, The first one is a bit dated...

http://firefox5.info...firefox-history

http://superuser.com...wise-in-firefox

Joe

SallyMae

SallyMae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thank you so much. Sorry I bothered you guys with something I probably could have googled for myself. I've been a bit swamped lately and that time it was just easier to post a question. For anybody else reading this thread, go to bookmarks>show all bookmarks, then click "views", scroll down to "show columns" and check "visit date".

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
I have the History in my FireFoix browser set to display date and time of visit. Here's how you do it:

In the menu bar on the FireFox browser click on History > Views > Show Columns and you'll see the following dialog box below:

Posted Image

Scroll down to click and place a check mark to the left of Visit Date. That will add a column to the far right to display the date that the site was visited. Please note that today's date will only display the time though yesterdays History will display date and time of visit and once the History is cleared, the previous History will not be accessible thereafter.

:thumbsup:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Ooops! You're fast SallyMae. I see you snuck that post in whilst I was getting the image to show you. :lol:

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Yeah, but that's a pretty POST DonnaB :)

Edited by zep516, 09 September 2012 - 07:10 PM.