Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie. Would you kindly help?

• Please log in to reply

Ethan Kayser

Ethan Kayser

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Aright, I want some opinions on my build and tell me what you think, if it works, if it can work on medium for most games. Stuff like that.

Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan

Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case - ATX/Micro-ATX, USB, Audio, 120mm Blue LED Fan, Black

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E Video Card (100315L)

Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637i53570

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003

Total-round 650

Sidenote- haven't bought yet.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Ethan Kayser

Couple of things to note;
You do not have a motherboard (MB) on the list of parts.
You have a CPU and Ram on your list, please see my canned text below regarding a MBs QVL
Choose a better brand of PSU such as Antec, Corsair, OCZ or Seasonic.
You have not included an OS disk such as Windows 7 64-bit, what will you be using?

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.

If you tell us where in the world the parts will be purchased we may be able to find less expensive alternatives for you.