Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSVCR100.dll is missing

• Please log in to reply

blobby

blobby

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Guys first post here
I play Scrabble online and have done for years on ISC international scrabble club but recently after having to reinstall windows 7 I cannot access it from desktop short cut icon due to the fact that it says unable to start programs due to MSVCR100.dll is missing and i should try reinstalling programme but this does not work does any one know how to recover this missing file MSVCR100.dll ?

Many thanks
Ben

Advertisements

Gabriel1

Gabriel1

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Try running scramble in compatibility mode. Right click the game, click properties, click the compatibility tab and then in the drop down menu select windows xp service pack 3 and click ok then launch. If that resolves it then its an issue the game has with windows 7

the MSVCR100.dll is related to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, if that last "fix" doesnt work you'll need to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

do you have 32 or 64bit windows 7?

64bit; http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=14632

32bit; http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555

if you already have the redistributable uninstall it first. also some fixes state that you may need to download both, i wouldnt suggest that until the last possible moment.

Edited by Gabriel1, 11 September 2012 - 07:24 AM.

blobby

blobby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much Spot on diagnosis run in comparability mode XP service pack 3

You are a genius
Many Thanks

Gabriel1

Gabriel1

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
no problem.