Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unwanted Cookies Since Installing DoNotTrack+

• Please log in to reply

blueblue

blueblue

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
In FF, I have cookies I can't get rid of, no matter what I do. I consulted DoNotTrack+ support, was told they have to be there because the sites will be broken if I go there without them. I should have the option to delete them if I don't go to those sites, right? A suggested program to get was CC Cleaner, which I got, but the cookies returned. I have an eraser program, too, but nothing seems to work- they keep returning. For awhile I thought I got rid of them, till I updated the browser. I feel so violated, being forced to accept something I don't want, nor will I ever have a need for, like bing, for example. I'm gonna look for another service that does the same thing, that hopefully won't dump on me.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This tech stuff is making me so Blue. :(

Well, seeing no one's replied, will someone please DELETE this thread?:angry:

Edited by blueblue, 16 September 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Advertisements