Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no internet access

• Please log in to reply

edmonson

edmonson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After receiving Windows updates on 12SEP12, I no longer have internet access. I had to restore my computer to an earlier date to once again have internet access. I use a wireless router and my computer in on the network. Any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
So you now have internet access - do you - after the restore to an earlier date

If so configure updates to notify I will choose etc and then as you will of course again be offered them, select one at a time and test after each until you ascertain the one responsible

THERE is a slight chance that you have installed an update to the wireless adaptor driver and this was responsible.

ALSO of particular note is that a few weeks ago an update to McAfee was responsible for this loss of the ability to connect. If you have McAfee and that was updated, although it was some weeks ago that the update was first released by McAfee - see this
http://us.mcafee.com/root/fix.html

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
edmonson
Did you manage to make any progress with your problem - please