Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OTL wont run?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

turbo99

turbo99

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have some nasty viral infections - atraps.gen2 and w32/patched.UC amongst other things constantly popping up on my Avira.

Avira and Malwarebytes fails to clean them and when I try and run OTL.exe it just comes back with incorrect paramater error and wont run.

This virus also changed my internet settings and I had various winsock errors coming up. After running the repair from windows 7 64bit disk these paticular errors have stopped and Im able to use the internet again. However the virus alerts from Avira still persist.

Any ideas, any help would be massively appreciated.

These are the two files which Avira is showing positives -

c:\windows\installer\{63650fa6-6936-2d1e-b7a1-44b8e35769fc}\u\80000032.@ (atraps.gen2)

windows/system32/servies.exe (patched.UC)

NOTE: I have now posted this question to the malware section of the forum - http://www.geekstogo...inning-the-war/ - Feel free to delete this topic sorry.

Edited by turbo99, 15 September 2012 - 03:27 AM.

Advertisements