Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is There A Program For This (or some trick)?

• Please log in to reply

JustinS90

JustinS90

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have 4,865 images that I know the names of. These images all need to be extracted from an images folder that also contains sub directories with some of the images in them.

The images are mixed in with about 18,000 others... however, I know the names. I just need to know if there's a way to possibly extract the exact names I have from a folder with sub directories... possibly software, or just some windows trick to do it.

Thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go! :D

You could maybe do it with a batch file. A couple questions. All 4,865 images have unique names? Any common parts to their names (prefix, date, character sets)? Even if you had to list every file name into a batch file it would be easier than any manual methods.

DenverCityCat

DenverCityCat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Try this my friend, think its what your looking for and regardless its cool & free!

http://www.jam-software.com/filelist/

Best Wishes