Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail for Employees

• Please log in to reply

danatav

danatav

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi , I would like to give employees a hotmail address with our company domain name, but am not sure how you do this in Microsoft? Please help. And No i can`t do it in outlook.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You'll want to start here: https://domains.live.com/

You'll be prompted to sign in with your LiveID, and you'll use this to manage your account. Then you'll be presented with the admin center:

Windows Live Domain.PNG

Click on "Get Started" under Custom Domains. Enter your domain name:

domain.PNG

Click Continue.

Then accept the agreement.

Review settings and accept agreement
Please confirm your request. You will always use this Windows Live ID to administer this domain.
Domain: geekstogo.com
Mail service: Windows Live Hotmail
Administrator: (Change user)
Clicking I Accept means that you agree to the terms applicable to your program.

Next, it will present you with instructions for creating a DNS records to setup mail, prove ownership, and create server trust. Many people get tripped up on this step, but it's not terribly difficult. You change the DNS records at your registrar where you registered the domain. For example, GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc.

It will likely take a couple hours for the DNS settings to propogate. After this is done you'll be able to return to the Windows Live admin center to create users, setup email clients, etc.