Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Content in *.pst data file...

• Please log in to reply

swedneck

swedneck

• Pip
  • 5 posts
A crime has been comitted against me and my wife. We know who's responsible but it's a word against word situation. The only thing we have are two documents to be compared.

One of them is an email in my PST file. What's important is not only the content but also the PROPERTIES of the email... Sent, Recieved and Modified (names might be incorrect since I'm on Swedish version). To have a value of evidence, everything HAS to be preserved in its original state. Taking it out of the file will change the Modified date, so that's out of the question.
So my question will be: Is there a way to edit content and date properties of an email in a PST file? Can I give the PST file to the police and say "Here's the email as reference for your linguist and as you can see when it's opened in Outlook, the dates show that it was written and sent 9 months ago and hasn't been edited."... or will the police tell me that it's worthless since it can have been tampered with?

Edited by swedneck, 24 September 2012 - 06:28 AM.

Advertisements