Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New computer adding old drive

• Please log in to reply

aintaho

aintaho

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, ok Im a newbie at this so please use dummy instructions to me when and if replying to me. I had to get a new tower yesterday becasue my computer would not load nor would it turn off. Ive taken pout the old drive in it and in this new one all it said i had to do was revove tray and put hard drive in tray and reinsert it. I can see the drive on my comp. however I cannot find anything on it, I need my documents and my pic and my music from old drive. where does one go looking for this. Also where on windows 7 is the search files and telling it whjere to search them. can I not search my drive e now just like before and it tells me where it is located? Can I then transfer those files onto my new drive? I found a few things on the old drive but not what I was looking for. thank you for your help... chris okay figured this out, and found all my old files now my issue is this.............how do i gain access to adminstration rights without having to each and every foler as i go inot it..there has to be a way to get ahold of the whole drive..... thank you..

Edited by aintaho, 24 September 2012 - 03:32 PM.

Advertisements