Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack.NoFolderOption System Infected HELP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Wow!! Here it is. Thanks.

Attached Files

• Attached File  junk.txt   641.27KB   123 downloads

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Big file but not much of interest. The only things that show are up the usual hidden files. Let's try again:

cd "\program files"
dir /ah /s > \junk.txt
cd %temp%
dir /ah /s >> \junk.txt

This should put a list of all of the hidden files into C:\junk.txt

Attach the file to your next post.

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Thanks Ron. Here's the file. I just made it Junk2.txt.

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Looks pretty normal actually. Let's look at all files (/a instead of /ah)

cd "\program files"
dir /a /s > \junk.txt
cd %temp%
dir /a /s >> \junk.txt

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Wow. Super Big File. Sorry. Tried to attach, but too big. Trying a rar file, but it's still too big. 13690 kb Txt, 1124kb in rar. I don't have Winzip on this PC and I don't see it Free anywhere. Pls advise. Thanks.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
email it to me as an attachment

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Done. Thanks.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Everything looks pretty normal. Can you give me an example of a file or folder that you do not have?

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hello Ron. Remember, I don't have any Class files in my registry, under Users. Can't see any appdata files. Also, If I right click the mouse on the desktop, nothing is under the "NEW" submenu...like folder, shortcut, briefcase, etc. Also the biggest thing is that I still cannot Show hidden files. When I click the radio button to SHOW ALL and OK, it will automatically revert back to HIDDEN when I return right back to it. This is where all of this started for me along with the occasional virus warning, slowing system. Whatever happened to my system disabled software licenses for my Adobe etc. All software was working perfectly before I did the Microsoft update. And my hard drive free space has been being used quickly. It's down to 12.8g now. It was about 20g free space when we started. I've only been downloading the programs you say to download and a few small programs like Pandora recovery. Any other ideas??? Thanks.

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ron. FYI. Ran ESET Online Scanner last night. Found 2 incidents of Win32/OpenCandy and 1 incident of Win32/Somoto.A ESET deleted and/or quarantined them. Still unable to "Show All" Files option. Thanks.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
I suspect your hard drive is failing. Can you find out who makes it and then go to the maker's website and get their hard drive test? Usually the Extended test is what you want.

You can just go into the BIOS/CMOS setup and it should tell you the part number of the drive. Then search for the partnumber and it should tell you who makes it.

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Good News! All checks out perfect. Attached screen shots from Dell.com Diagnostics. Ran a FULL Test for everything, then an Extended HD Test. A OK. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• DellFullTest.jpg
  • DellFullTest2.jpg
  • DellHardDriveTest.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
That's just the Dell test. They are not the maker's of your hard drive.

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Okay. Searched, but couldn't find an EXACT match for my hard drive. I did find a program Fujitsu Hard Drive Test Utility - FJDT.exe, but haven't downloaded it yet. Fujitsu MHZ2080BH G2 ATA . If you have a link, pls provide. Thanks.

Edited by Jayli, 08 October 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Jayli

Jayli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Done. Downloaded from Toshiba site, which took over Fujitsu. Anyway, Here's the specs.

File is FJDTWIN.
Windows Diagnostic Tool Ver. 1.12
(For IDE/ATA/SATA Hard Drives)
ZIPfjdtwin.exe [464KB]

This diagnostic tool is available for use by customers who feel their Fujitsu Branded Toshiba hard drive may not be operating normally. It is only designed for use with Fujitsu Branded Toshiba ATA/IDE hard drive.

Model Name : FUJITSU MHZ2080BH G2
Serial No. : K62PT9B2AGNF
Firmware : 00000009
Total LBA : 950F8B0 h

Test Name : Extended Test
Result : PASS
Test Time : 22:15:31, October 08, 2012

The drive passed the Extended Test.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• ToshibaFujHDExtendedTestPASS.jpg