Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Qosmio F60 - Start up problems

• Please log in to reply

xtrippyx

xtrippyx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After attempting to start my computer, it gives me 2 options. Start windows normally, or, Fix windows (Or whatever it says).

If I select start windows normally, it shows the windows icon loading, 5 minutes later, a blue screen appears crashing my computer, then restarting.

If I select fix windows, it just shows the icon, goes to a blank screen where I can move the cursor, but select nothing.

If I attempt to boot from the CD drive, it says press any key, which I do, then shows loading windows files, that finishes, it goes to the windows loading icon, then to a blank screen with the cursor which I can move. Nothing seems to work for me, I'd appreciate it if someone could help sort this problem. Thanks!

Edited by xtrippyx, 02 October 2012 - 01:42 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Boot to the Advanced Boot Options menu by pressing F8 at boot time. Select Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure. When you get the BSOD, record the info and post it here please.

Next, boot to the Advanced Boot Options menu again only thins time select Last Know Good Configuration (advanced). See if that helps.