Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[resolved] Geeks to Go is lazy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sooners_ou2008

sooners_ou2008

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
:tazz: ;) i posted 3 or 4 thing that havent got any reply AT all :help: its kinda sad when this is a SITE to help people and you cant even do it :help:

Advertisements

ballistik kevin

ballistik kevin

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
actually they do help......

sooners_ou2008

sooners_ou2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
No not really

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Maybe its because of post like this :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
sooners_ou2008, we won't tolerate abuse or insults. You've been warned, next you'll be banned.

GrimPingu

GrimPingu

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
GJ admin, sooners_ou2008... you dont appreciate that these guys have to help everyone else aswell as you, be patient and dont flame them for doing their job

junglemuppet

junglemuppet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
It's not even their job, they are volunteeers!!! They owe us nothing; they are just good people. Thank you so much, I can't thank you enough. It gives me hope in people that you do this, not to mention the help with computers that is available. Thank you so much.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hey Sooners_ou2008

You have started threads for the following so far :

1 problem with Dr Watson in the malware section - RESOLVED

1 problem that didn't receive a reply at all - NO REPLY

1 problem with hardware that you posted in the wrong forum (hijack this logs section) instead of hardware - NO REPLY (UNDERSTANDABLY)

1 thread asking about how to use key loggers - 1 reply telling you we weren't gonna help cuz of the nature of the thread - REPLIED TO

Oh, and this one - LOTS OF REPLYS

So what exactly is your problem? You could always take your PC to your local computer repair shop of course and pay to have it looked at.... :tazz:

GrimPingu

GrimPingu

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I respect everyone at these forums anyway and especialy the staff who try as much as possible to help us out...

But people like you who dont show respect to anyone dont realy deserve the help that these nice people offer, Thanks GeeksToGo :tazz:

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Eh

Advertisements

stuart813

stuart813

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
thanks for that GrimPingu help is what its all about... no offence Sooners_ou2008 i think you should look elsewhere for help... as Samm posted what's your problem........

Edited by stuart813, 07 June 2005 - 05:29 AM.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
man, haven't u ever read this at the bottom of every page of this great website?!:

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise. We make every attempt to ensure that the help and advice posted is accurate and will not cause harm to your computer. However, we do not guarantee that they are accurate and they are to be used at your own risk.

Edited by S A A B, 08 June 2005 - 11:49 AM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I have no simpathy for the person who started this thread as the people who do the hard work here go mostly unrewarded and I just wish I had the brains to help more here.

Admin, I have no idea myself but is there any way to show HJT post before they post the amount of back-log, most people see their posts at the front of the list so they feel they they are next in line.

Also, I still feel that many people are posting their HJT logs because there is no clear diffinition of what they have: I still think that it would be a good idea no have those malwares that are visible on the screen to be posted here so that one can just say to oneself "yes, that is it I have...." and then post the HJT log accordingly without guesswork on the part of the posters.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Admin, I have no idea myself but is there any way to show HJT post before they post the amount of back-log

You mean like on an automated phone attendant? You're estimated wait is... 44 hours. I suppose it could be done, but the number would never be accurate. Some infections can be responded to easily, and by most helpers, so they get a quick reply. Others may require the services of an expert and take longer to get an answer.

I still think that it would be a good idea no have those malwares that are visible on the screen to be posted here so that one can just say to oneself "yes, that is it I have...."

Really, everything we need to know can usually be found by looking at the log. It does sometimes help do get other details about the problems being experienced.

As you've probably figured out, clearing a malware infected machine isn't as easy as identifying an infection, then saying complete steps 1-5. Often times randomonly named files, services, and registry entries need to be identified, and other manual fixes applied. I wish it were as easy as helping someone identify their infection, and then pointing them to the proper fix. :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Admin, first forgive my spelling as always and hope noone will feel that I am in any way negative towards your great efforts; secondly, what I meant was a way to say we are running three to tweenty(three members to tweenty logs) or simply a colour systems showing red/very busy, yellow/quite busy, etc., hopefully explaining to members and posters alike the situation. And you will agree that most people see their logs with the last posts on top which can cause misunderstanding.

The other point that I am making is not for you the HJT translators(who I agree do know what they are looking at) but more for the posters who cannot read the HJT logs, so you get people with the same simple problem not knowing that the others person's problem is the same as theirs because they have no idea that what they see on their screen is the same malware. However, if you have a picture of some of the effects of these malwares I bet you could decrease your workload, and that of the poster's too, by his or hers saying "do I see it here" and then the poster just says to himself either "Yes, I have that one, let's see which thread is dealing with it" or "No, it's not here so lets post the a log then". I repeat, the screen shots are for people wishing to know what they have before they post as you will agree that there are times when a simpler answer such as using the add/remove program, or "msconfig" might well do the trick.

I myself will stop mentioning this subject now, because as always I wish to support your site with new ideas rather than flogging dead ones.