Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless lan lies to me!

• Please log in to reply

MoD TaRkIn

MoD TaRkIn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had a wireless network running for a few months now using a linksys wrk54g router/access point with cable isp.

There are two comps conntected to it, a laptop with a linksys pcmia network card (which has no probelms) and my desktop, connected using the onbourd wireless of the motherborad (asus p5ad2 premium).

Its worked fine for 3 months, then 2 days ago, i started getting connection problems to the internet. It works fine for a little while, then after about 5-10 mins, web pages refuse to load, yet the network status says its connected and has good signal strength. A quick repair fixes it, but only for another 10 mins.

I dont think its a tcpip limit issue (the sp2 one), and it happens whether the laptop is connected or not, its got me stumped and driven insane! :tazz:

cheers...

Advertisements

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Right first of all do spyware and virus scans. Post again when you've done these reporting what they found, if they solved the probelm or if not. Then we can start looking at other solutions.