Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron won't power on after replacing battery

• Please log in to reply

Jdlevy28

Jdlevy28

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Please help! I replaced my battery on Friday and charged it fully. It was working fine. Today, I got it out and went to power it on and nothing... No lights, no sound, nothing. It is doing the sane thing with or without the charger (green light on the adapter) and with or without the battery. I tried taking the battery out, holding the button for 30 secs, etc, and no help. I am not under warranty. And of course, I have an essay due in 7 hours....
Am I screwed?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Jdlevy28

Sorry to hear that you are having computer issues.

For research purposes can you tell us the exact model number of the Dell Inspiron as there are various models and specs.

Jdlevy28

Jdlevy28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for providing the model number :thumbsup:

Can you again remove the battery, AC adaptor cord + this time the Ram also, see http://support.dell....y.htm#wp1180190 once you have done this hold down the power button for a while to dispel any static charge that may have built up in the system, reassemble the computer and see how it goes.

Couple of additional questions for you, you have recently replaced the battery, can I ask where you already having power issues and is the replacement battery a genuine Dell.

Jdlevy28

Jdlevy28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, I did all of the above. I powered back on, light came on, fan came on, but so did a repetitive series of two beeps. Did I not put it together right?

Battery is not dell but didcome from a reputable source. Battery was dying for months before I replaced.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
How many sticks of Ram do you have?

After disconnecting all sources of power try reseating your Ram, if you have two sticks of Ram try one at a time to begin with, let us know the results.

Jdlevy28

Jdlevy28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It worked!! WHEW!!! Thank you soooo much!!! :hug: :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are most welcome and thanks for the follow up :thumbsup: