Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wierd Video Problem

• Please log in to reply

Abstractworld

Abstractworld

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello everyone, I have an error that I can't seem to figure out the solution.

The youtube video below shows the error, there is some wierd graphic delay whenever I drag browsers or folders.

- YouTube

Things i've tried so far to try to fix this problem.

*I have replaced my GPU that was overclocked with a brand new 6850

*I have reseated and reapplied Artic Silver for CPU

*I have placed the ram sticks in Slot 1 & Slot 3 instead of Slot 2 & Slot 4

Computer Specs:

CPU: AMD Fx-4100 @ 4.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme3

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP (Not Overclocked)

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 250gb 7200 SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

PSU: 500w Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US ATX12v v2.3

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

The three links below show things I have done to my computer.

http://www.overclock...ad.php?t=714048 - Overclockers Forums - CPU Overclock

http://www.overclock...ad.php?t=716745 - Overclockers Forums - Electric Fail

http://www.overclock...ad.php?t=716768 - Overclockers Forums - GPU Overclock

Advertisements

Zolton33

Zolton33

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
I think you are seeing a problem where there is none. What do i mean? Right click my computer then go to properties once there check advance then performance. What i think you are seeing is the option of showing windows animating minimizing and maximizing. There is an option to turn it off there. What i saw in the video was a normal trail that comes from that. I would say it is one of those options. But i could be wrong and i'm sure if i am it won't be the first or the last time :lol:

Abstractworld

Abstractworld

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I don't think it's normal because I tested the same situation on my other computer and my laptop and they have a VERY slight delay with shadows when aero is turned off

With this computer and aero turned off, you can see a massive trail which is very abnormal

Zolton33

Zolton33

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Only other component would be the monitor maybe your screen resolution is to high or you are starting to get some dead pixels with your monitor while rare it is not unheard of.

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Try deleting and reinstalling the card video drivers; that looks like the Windows driver is being used, not the card drivers from the manufacturer. You probably won't get very good gameplay either.

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Check your virtual memory. See if recommended size is higher then currently alloted. If so manually change it because windows will sometimes not allow enough virtual memory space. Check task manager to make sure the ram or CPU percentage is not high. Also check for malware