Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD in windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Let me know if the BSOD's happen when using IE or FF please.

Well there has been times that chrome wasn't even open this time whatever it was repeatable because when I opened chrome and let it open the same tabs it repeated. So far no BSOD in firefox .

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK just for my own interest can you do the following.

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ok ran speedfan. Shouldn't have a problem there I monitor my fans and clean my computer weekly. Have 3 case fans and 1 cpu fan.

Attached Thumbnails

• speed.JPG

Edited by cmislin, 18 October 2012 - 07:33 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Actually that +12 volt is pretty close to be low. Can you do the below so we can verify the readings.

Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed. Please get a screenshot and attach of the temps and voltages for me please.
The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Actually that +12 volt is pretty close to be low. Can you do the below so we can verify the readings.

Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed. Please get a screenshot and attach of the temps and voltages for me please.
The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.

What should I be looking for or SS or something for ya?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A low reading could cause a temporary power loss which may cause a BSOD or even a system reboot.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I understood that but what should the readings be I'm never used this program anyways here is log so far

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It should be up around 11.5 volts or higher. Your HwMonitor was really off showing:

Voltage 5 0.26 Volts [0x3] (+12V)

.26 which in my opinion can't be right as the system would not even function at that point.

The third way to check this is in some of the newer bios it actually will show the voltages in the Power area. Can you check there to see what the +3.3 and +12 volt rails are showing.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Let me know if the BSOD's happen when using IE or FF please.

Had none last night at all. I had similar tabs open up and such.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm interesting sounds like Chrome itself might be the issue.
Any chance of uninstalling and do a fresh install with the newest Chrome fresh?

Advertisements

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Hmm interesting sounds like Chrome itself might be the issue.
Any chance of uninstalling and do a fresh install with the newest Chrome fresh?

Sure I can do that not a problem. Ok done and almost couldn't get back to here couldn't recall page but good thing google search was able to find my posts.

Edited by cmislin, 19 October 2012 - 12:07 PM.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
ok done

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK any issue now with the fresh install?

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

OK any issue now with the fresh install?

So far now but will give a update more towards end of day after I've had some good use on it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK good and hopefully updates will go correctly. It does look like the issue is Chrome at this point but I will wait till later to say for sure.