Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD in windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Also drivermax says all drivers are updated

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good then we know it's not a driver issue unless there is a corrupted drive we have not found yet. I'm still hoping it was Chrome itself causing the issue. :thumbsup:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Good then we know it's not a driver issue unless there is a corrupted drive we have not found yet. I'm still hoping it was Chrome itself causing the issue. :thumbsup:

Noticed today none of my usb devices seem to be showing up in windows explorer. The two devices are usb thumbdrive and ipod. When the computer powers up and windows loads it shows them loads as devices to disconnect via "safely remove hardware" down near clock but are nowhere shown in windows explorer any idea? Besides the updated usb drivers and such? I've already rebooted and such and so forth.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Nm on usb went to system and hardware manager and the usb device had a update for driver and now working again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good to hear and I figured it was just a hiccup at the time. :thumbsup:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
No BSOD last night.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
YES!!!!!!!!!! Looks like we have a good chance of resolving this. :happy:

Looks like the last BSOD you posted On Thu 10/18/2012 5:04:16 PM GMT which was almost 2 days ago. We may have finally gotten this little issue resolved. :thumbsup:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I wasn't on a super lot last night and will be gone most of today but tonight and tomorrow computer will get heavier use.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK no problem we all have personal life's to attend to. Sundays I don't spend much time sitting in front of my computer but I do check it at least every hour. I will watch for you later tonihgt or tomorrow with a update. :thumbsup:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Was on for a few hours today when I got home computer on all day no BSOD today.

Advertisements

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Well watching a program on VLC player and opened my browser back open and BSOD.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bsod.txt   2.03KB   245 downloads

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
2 days with no BSOD so it is getting better. The driver is a Windows driver so the issue is still within windows or Chrome.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Had BSOD today didn't have chrome open had firefox open because I was going to play a game and such. No idea why the date in whocrashed is tomorrows. My clock is set correct and checked it again.

On Wed 10/24/2012 12:30:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102312-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x12501)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFBF812501, 0xFFFFFFFFAEEDC878, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bsod.txt   2.04KB   245 downloads

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are the BSOD's still only happening when using Chrome?

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
As per my last msg that one happened with chrome not open firefox. However I had 4 bsod today. I also noticed on bsod bluescreenview you can also export the files that are trouble as well. From now on they will have the minidump file info and the files in question that the program marked. First BSOD was as I was opening up chrome 2nd was after reboot and opened chrome (tried to get tabs back) 3rd was just letting error go threw and not open chrome tabs). I eventually just didn't allow chrome to open up killed in process list after error sent and opened firefox. Chrome is back to not causing errors so far today.
On Wed 10/24/2012 5:10:38 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102412-03.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x2EBD1)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFE41C701C, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBF82EBD1, 0x1)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 10/24/2012 5:06:01 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102412-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x2EBD1)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFE462601C, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBF82EBD1, 0x1)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Wed 10/24/2012 5:00:21 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102412-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x1568C8)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFBF9568C8, 0xFFFFFFFFB2364C00, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Wed 10/24/2012 12:30:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102312-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x12501)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFBF812501, 0xFFFFFFFFAEEDC878, 0x0)

Attached Files

Edited by cmislin, 24 October 2012 - 04:58 PM.