Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony VRD-VC10 DVD Burner Firmware Problem

• Please log in to reply

Sabre

Sabre

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Sony external DVD burner (VRD-VC10). It shows up on the system as a 710A, which I suspect it really is. I think the vrd-vc10 is just a 710A that has some ad-ons to allow it to burn DVD's in stand alone mode.

Anyway, I was having problems getting a dual layer DVD to burn on my VRD-VC10, using Cyberlink Power Director/Producer. The Cyberlink Tech support suggested updating the firmware on my DVD burner. So, I went online and downloaded and installed the firmware update for the 710A. The only problem is that when the computer rebooted as part of the install, it had changed the designation of the external DVD burner from "J" to "I". This wouldn't be so bad, but it re-designated my external hard drive that I use for video editing from "I" to "J". Now when I try to open a video project, I just get an error message telling me that the files the software is looking for on "I" don't exist. In otherwords, the video editing software doesn't know my DVD Burner and External Hard drive have traded names, it is still looking to the I drive to open the saved projects, even though the "I" drive is now the DVD Burner.

I did a system restore to get back to where I was, but does anybody know how to update the firmware on my external DVD burner without re-naming my external hard drive & DVD burner. Or in the alternative, an easy fix to allow me to tell my software that every file it was looking for on J, it shoul now look for on I.??

Advertisements