Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mystery router on network

• Please log in to reply

NolaSmiles

NolaSmiles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently noticed a pop up from my alert system saying that a "New device is connected to your network"
After looking at my network I can see that MY router (an N750 Netgear router) is presnt, but a second router is mysteriously present as well. This new router is a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router which appears and disappears intermittently from my network. I'm just wondering why this may be appearing? I'm not the most tech savy person but I wouldn't expect another router (say from a neighbor)to be appearing on my network unless I was actually connected to the wireless signal FROM that router... which I am not.
I apologize if I am asking a very naive question but any wisdom you can offer would be appreciated.

Edited by NolaSmiles, 14 October 2012 - 08:49 AM.

Advertisements