Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Problem

• Please log in to reply

Gregorivs

Gregorivs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem with Internet Explorer, and I can't figure out what is causing it. Every time I open up one IE window, the previous IE window closes. It seems that as long as I only want to have one IE window open, everything works fine, but the minute I want to have two windows open, this problem raises its head. It happens whether I press <ctrl> N, open a new browser window from the file menu, open a new browser from the start menu, or open a new window by double clicking the executable.

I have tried several things, including putting my windows install CD in the computer and attempting to reinstall IE. This did not solve the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

G

Advertisements

ControlSet00x

ControlSet00x

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
best thing would be to leave IE alone and use FireFox as your browser. it's faster and less likely to be attacked. not to mention it's free. you can find the download by doing a google search.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Take a look in the following Internet Options control..

Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced

Check to see if "Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts" is checked.. Apply and okay out..

Murray

adamfromcanada

adamfromcanada

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this same problem. I have tried with Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts clicked and unclicked. It made no difference. Still closes original window as soon as I open a second.

Any other ideas?

ad7742

ad7742

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had exactly this issue - the Yahoo toolbar was the cause. Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it.

Hope this helps.

oursoul

oursoul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thankyou ad7742
just the answer I've been looking for these past 3 hours!!! :tazz: