Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win7, New HDD = no sound!

• Please log in to reply

compnewb

compnewb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, so I have an HP Pav dv6700ne (ne.. i think it's ne. I'm going off of memory from lastnight). anyway..

I recently installed a new HDD and upgraded to Windows 7 (the old HDD bit the dust).

Everything seems to be working fine expect the sound.

I have the red X on the speaker icon and when you hover on it, it says "no audio output devices installed"

so, i go into the device mgr, and what do you know, there is no sound, video and game controllers.

Under "other devives" there are three things that are missing drivers (so i think)
2x base system and 1x coprosessor. I tried looking on HP website for drives to no avail.

so any ideas or suggestions on what i need to do to get my sound back?
Thanks!!

Edited by compnewb, 15 October 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Advertisements

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Go to drivereasy.com and install the program or run it from website. It's free but takes awhile to download drivers. Been using it for years and had no issues. If finds those missing drivers most the time when you can't find them the old fashion way

compnewb

compnewb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm new to this but i managed to resolve all the driver conflits. STILL NO SOUND!??

now what!?