Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tap-to-click

• Please log in to reply

chrisy7615

chrisy7615

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi new to the forum i need help with an advent monza s200 does any one no how to turn of the tap-to-click on the touch pad as there is no place i can find to turn it of the advent customer services are as much use as a chocolate fire guard they said to download generic Synaptics driver which i have done but still can not turn the tap to click off any help please as it is doing my head in

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Do you have an icon for the Touchpad in the System area (right side) of the Taskbar (it's normally read, looks a bit like a horse head)? If so, right click on it and see if there is a Tap to click or similar. If not, right click and select Properties and look for it there.

The correct touchpad driver for you laptop can be found here: Advent Monza S200

chrisy7615

chrisy7615

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for that Ztruker needed to update the driver for the touch pad now i can stop pulling my hair out what's left of it that is lol

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Great! Glad it's working for you now. I know I hate Tap-to-click, but some folks love it.