Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System build on a budget

• Please log in to reply

31GxE

31GxE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, currently building a new pc, this time I'm on a budget.

I have put together 2 lists of parts they are both exactly the same besides the motherboard and cpu. What I want to know is what build would be better thanks.

Build 1:

CPU: AMD A6-5400K Trinity - FM2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A75-D3H - FM2
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
Ram: Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 XMS3 (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7750 2GB OC
PSU: XFX ProSeries 550W Core Edition 80+ Bronze

(only listing core components)

Build 2:

Same but

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Four-Core - AM3+
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 mainboard - AM3+

cheers guys

Advertisements

Zolton33

Zolton33

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Since you are buying a discrete gpu either way personally i would recommend an i3 2100 or a i3 3220 or even a g2120. No point in getting an apu if you are getting a discrete gpu any way. And the 4100 is not as good as a 4170 if you have to go amd that be my pick or the 5800k. Although the intel cpu is better for gaming and single threaded apps. If you do not game much or very often then i would go with the 4170 or a 5800k. The 5800k is just a bit slower then an i3 so you would not lose much. The 4170 is very close to an i3 in performance though and would be my recommend over the 4100 it may cost a tiny bit more but worth it.