Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Samsung Galaxy 2

• Please log in to reply

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 and have heard that you can root them my question is first what benifits would I get from doing this and is it even something I should even be doing. I was told that it would alot me the options to remove any of the preinstalled apps that I really have not use for and that would free up some of my memory..I am new to the tablet world so help me please in this endevur..

Thanks
Hugz
Gizzy

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
You will get complete control of your device, including removing any application you want, using apps for rooted devices, and even using other ROMs.

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

You will get complete control of your device, including removing any application you want, using apps for rooted devices, and even using other ROMs.

Thanks for your reply. Well I have tried to root it to no avail. You wouldn't happen to know any tricks to rooting this thing would you? If so could you please share.

Thanks again
Hug Gizzy

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I know this is a very late reply, but thought i would throw this in for other people.

http://galaxys2root....xy-s2-variants/

It's the easist method to root a Samsung Galaxy 2

SRX660