Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet comes up as blank white page

• Please log in to reply

ksdawn

ksdawn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
we have an older pc that my kids use and after it did an automatic update we started having diff viewing any internet site. a message comes up saying that its using compatibility view but all we get is a white page. since i can't actually see the page i can't use the internet on that pc to try to get help by downloading any info or doing any web based scans. i have tried to do a system restore but that does not work either it says the restore was unable to be completed or it appears to have worked but nothing has changed. any ideas, suggestions or miracles would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Forece

Forece

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Go to Internet Options, and reset all setting.

Internet Options - Advanced - Reset

or just use another computer to download chrome or firefox to instead of IE

ksdawn

ksdawn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have tried to reset all and it doesn't fix it, how can i download chrome from another computer? that's what i have been wanting to do