Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power in System but no display

• Please log in to reply

dhrub123

dhrub123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a desktop with a Asus am2+ motherboard and amd athlon x2 240 processor.It also has 3 gb ram(2gb + 1 gb ddr2 Kingston) ,a sapphire ati radeon 5670 hd, a lg dvd rw and a 160 gb WD hard drive.It was working fine.I get internet through rj 45.One day due to lightning strike in internet switch outside, my motherboard lan port got burnt inspite of being switched off.I gave it to Asus RMA and they repaired it.It was fine for sometimes.Suddenly one day the PSU exploded.I replaced it.The new one also exploded the moment I connected it to the PC and switched on power.I again got another one.It worked fine.But now it has developed a problem.When I switch it on, the cpu fan keeps running, hard drive has power,I can feel it spinning,gpu has power(fan running), but no display.And these happens almost 3 out of 5 times(Please note the system works fine without issues sometimes).If I switch it on again after say 2 or 3 days,it may start operating normally or it may have no display with everything running.The GPU is tested in other systems.Can any one please help me with this.I have seen posts in internet where there is no display but fans running, but my case is a bit different,the system sometimes work sometimes does not. :(

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: dhrub123

Try removing both sticks of Ram, blowing out the slots then reinsert only one stick of Ram in the memory slot that is nearest to the CPU (start with the 2GB stick) check that the video card is seated securely, check all connections are secure, reassemble the computer and see how it goes.