Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Face Recognition suddenly stopped working

• Please log in to reply

Nath8r

Nath8r

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I just got the this computer a few days ago and a day after I got it, I setup the Face Recognition. It worked swimmingly! Until I tried to use it later. I thought I might add that I did it in the car then tried it at home. I even tried to update it, with splendid failure! It keeps saying recognition failed. It would be nice to use face recognition. Also, is there any software for voice recognition login? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Not much to go on here. I take it that you were able to successfully register your face and use it to secure your computer? What is the error message your getting?

Here is a straight forward guide to registering your face: http://techtips.salo...aptop-1547.html
Have you tried re-registering your face?

As for voice input, there are software packages available (dragon naturally speaking) that will provide that functionality. However I am not aware of any that can be used for biometric security.

Nath8r

Nath8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
First of all, I sincerely apologise for such a late reply. This thread's notification got dug really deep in my emails.

I've done everything that the article has said.

I'll definitely look into those packages, though biometric security would definitely be helpful.