Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD fun on Gaming Rig - Multiple Error Headings - Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

Jammon

Jammon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone, new poster here. I'm at the end of my tether with my new rig, having never had many issues before with previous lower specced PCs. If anyone could help me resolve this, I'd be very very grateful.

Basically I'm getting frequent (~ every few hours) BSODs with the headings 'Bad Pool Header' or 'Memory Management'. This usually takes place when loading a game (generally the former error heading) or just during work or internet browsing (the memory one). Other than this, the PC's performance is very good. Temperatures and power seem low and stable, with good frame rates at max settings on basically anything at 2560 x 1440. There are other anomalies that might be connected - I get a lot of browser malfunctions, and have constant crashing in Battlefield 3 (every 3-4 hours) and Borderlands 2 (this is nearly unplayable). Other than the games and OpenOffice, there's very little third party software on this machine.

I've tried a fair few things already:

Updated drivers (including betas), and rolled them back when the problem has not improved (currently at Catalyst 12.10);
Clean installed Win7;
Repaired all the game installs;
Multiple virus/malware sweeps with Microsoft Security and MBAM;
Removing CPU/GPU overclocks (which were already minor).

None of these helped.

I've just installed Blue Screen View as I figure someone will want the logs from that. When I get another crash, I'll see what it has to say. I will post my specification below in case that is useful:

MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V Lx
PSU: XFX PRO750W Silver rated
CPU: i5 2550K 3.4 GHz w/ Hyper 212 cooler
GPU: Radeon HD7970 Vapor-X OC 3GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 16GB

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Jammon

Jammon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is anyone able to help with this?

After a clean reinstall of Windows I am getting even more frequent BSODs, now with the error headings:

IRNQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL

and most recently

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

I really have no idea how to proceed from here, so help would be great.