Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Existing bluetooth?

• Please log in to reply

Nath8r

Nath8r

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Does the Toshiba Satellite Pro C850 actually have bluetooth? I have one and it claimed to but I can't find any menus to have a look at it.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello Nath8

There are various variations of the Toshiba Satellite Pro C850 but one thing that they each have in common is the Wireless Technology : Bluetooth® 4.0, see http://uk.computers....series/1122250/

I hope that this answers your question.

Nath8r

Nath8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
It's good to her that they have Bluetooth in common. Yet why can't I find it on the computer? As far as I'm aware, my notebook doesn't have any other model extensions after its C850 name. The Toshiba site you linked me to doesn't even show me the variations.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Scroll down the page until you see the view all models tab in red, look to the right and you will see a specification tab for each model, check the Wireless communication panel and you will see that they all have Bluetooth® 4.0,

Nath8r

Nath8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
That's comforting to know :) Though why can't I find any settings area for Bluetooth on my notebook? How can I be sure it's on for discovery? I am quite proficient with computers, even though the question may not express that. I'm quite acquainted with Control Panel. I found the drivers folder that Toshiba had for all the drivers and tried to install from their ... with little avail.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Did you check in your BIOS menu if your Bluetooth device is ENABLE or DISABLE

Do you see your Bluetooth device in DEVICE MANAGER

Did you install the software Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba

Nath8r

Nath8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
BIOS doesn't have such an option.

Bluetooth isn't in Device Manager.

Would I have to download that software?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
The software will only work if you have a Bluetooth device. If you check the manual they say that some models have Bluetooth (not all), you just have to make sure yours do.

If in your BIOS you have no option to enable/disable it and you do not see any in your Device Manager then your model may not have the option of Bluetooth.

Find the exact model C850 (10N or 10W or 10V or 15T or etc) and then you might find the right specs that will tell you if Bluetooth is included in yours.

Nath8r

Nath8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
phillpower2 had said that all models of my computer have Bluetooth and even showed me the site that displayed it. May there not be a specific Bluetooth area, instead being under the Bluetooth wireless device searcher? And as long as my wireless technology indicator is on it could find it?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Here is what the manual said, they do not specify which model

toshiba c850.JPG

bluetooth.JPG

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
I found these instruction for Toshiba bluetooth, hope it helps

How to Use Bluetooth on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Instructions

1 Double-click on the "Bluetooth Stack" icon located on the desktop screen of your computer. Enable the "Bluetooth Discovery Mode" located in the "Connection Settings" folder at the top of the application menu bar. The computer will give a notification when the Discovery Mode has successfully been turned on. Turn ob the other electronic devices' Bluetooth settings as well to make them discoverable by your laptop.

2 Pair another electronic device with your laptop. Select the "Add Device" tab, located in the "Bluetooth Stack" application folder's task bar. Click "Add" to gain access to the "Bluetooth Add Device Wizard." When the wizard dialogue screen appears, click "Next" to begin setting up the device connection. Your Bluetooth Add Device Wizard will now discover the electronic devices that are discoverable within range.

3 Locate the device you are trying to pair when the next page loads with the list of devices your computer's Bluetooth Stack has discovered. The other electronic devices will be listed according to their actual serial or model numbers. If you do not see the device you desire to pair, click the "Search Again" button. When your computer discovers the device, click on that device to highlight it, and click "Next" to continue. The next screen that appears will display a list of options. Click the third option, which should be "Let me choose my own passkey."

4 Enter a password that is easy to remember. A notification will be sent to the other electronic device. It will ask that device for the same passkey. Enter that passkey and click "Pair." The last screen that will appear on your computer screen will prompt you to confirm the pairing of the software. Click "Finish" to confirm the pairing of the detected device to close the "Add Bluetooth Device Wizard" dialogue box.

5 Open the "Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard" to use the software. Select "Browse" to locate the file destination you'd like to transfer. Give the file a name in the box allotted above the file's location. Click "Next" to proceed. The next screen will notify you of the status of the file transfer. The file transfer should be complete. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

6 For future use, go to the file or device you would like to work with and right-click on the item. A drop-down menu will appear. Click the Bluetooth icon to locate your Bluetooth Stack software. Follow the steps listed above to continue with the process again.

How Can I Enable the Bluetooth on My Toshiba Satellite?

Instructions 2

1 Click "Start," and click "Control Panel."

2 Click the "Add A Device" option under the "Hardware and Sound" category to enable the Bluetooth functions of your laptop.

3 Click a Bluetooth device that appears in the list of available devices to establish a connection between your Toshiba Satellite and the device.

Nath8r

Nath8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
First of all, I sincerely apologise for such a late response. The email notification got dug deep in my emails.

I don't have the Bluetooth stack icon on my desktop.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba can be downloaded here

http://aps2.toshiba-...ownload-toshiba

Nath8r

Nath8r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I went to install and it asked me to connect my bluetooth device. I was sure my computer has one built in. Thanks for all your help thus far.